Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LaserJet M603
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I know that HP printers pull from the manual feed by default when paper is loaded that fits the job size.  Can that be turned off so that paper is pulled only from tray one when the job explicitely requests tray 1 be used?   I have a LaserJet M603 being used by a bunch of users.  Occasionally one of the users will need to do a special print where they take an already printed  document (not blank) and place it into the manual feed tray to have additional information printed onto the document.  How do I keep another job from pulling that page?  I don't want the other jobs that are sent to the printer to wait in queue either.  We are using the Post-script Universal print driver versin 6.   

Note:  I know there is an option to print only to the requested tray, but I was trying to avoid that route as the printer in question has two 500 Sheet trays.  I don't want the printer to stop printing if tray two runs out, but tray three is full.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The easy way is to change the type of paper for tray 1 from any or plain to preprinted and then specify in the print job that you are using preprinted. Anyone who send a job requesting the same size will not have the paper come out of tray 1 since they will be asking for plain or any.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.