Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro M402n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was messing around with the printer settings and I seem to have locked myself out. I get the message "menu access disabled".

I also cannot access the computer via the web interface.

I've been reading the forum postings and seem to need a cold reboot.

Can you help?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I have the same problem and can't find any solution.

I can access to the web interface, but don't remember the admin password.

How to do a factory reset?

HP Recommended

With Laserjet Pro m402dw it does not work. Kept the right arrow and cancel button pressed then switched off, waited 10 sec and switched on again. But it did not reset the printer. Tried this technique multiple times... Can you please provide solution to hard reset m402dw????

HP Recommended

Turn off the device first.  Then hold the two buttons.  WHILE holding the buttons down, turn the printer back on.  You should get a message on the display that its initializing.  When you see that msg, you can let go of the two buttons.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.