Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My HP LaserJet P2015dn has the top 3 LED lights on in yellow. I'm trying to push the on button, but it seems like it may be broken. Is it broken or is there another way to turn it on. It hasn't been used for a while, so it could need repairs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

No difference.  It is indicating something in that case.  Last time this exact thing happened to me (very similar model) there was a malfunction with the toner door thinking it was open.  

Here are steps for a cold reset.  A hard reset is just unplugging it while it is powered on for ten seconds then plug it back in.  If this is a mechanical issue, you may want to try removing all the componants you can while it is powered off, turn it back on, shake the toner carefully and put it back in (basically the only thing I suppose you would remove) and see if it responds then.

The steps in this link are not recommended so I would do this last (worse case scenerio).  NVRam resets only fix some issues not all.

Happy to help!

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

--Is The Printer Setup Correctly?--

Follow the suggestions in this link first and then let me know what happens.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help. The on switch isn't illuminated, and the ready switch isn't on. The three lights at the top are on though, and it is plugged into a working outlet.

HP Recommended

That may indicate an error message on the device itself.  Can you access the software for the printer from a computer?  That may help you identify if it is low on toner or something.  I bet it is low.  

Here are more troubleshooting steps

--Troubleshooting--

I would start with the Blinking Lights link actually.  I know your issue is not covered in there but this is where I find the best hints to what is actually wrong with it.

Also, be sure it is plugged directly into a wall outlet.

HP Recommended

The lights are solid, not blinking. Does that make a difference?

HP Recommended

No difference.  It is indicating something in that case.  Last time this exact thing happened to me (very similar model) there was a malfunction with the toner door thinking it was open.  

Here are steps for a cold reset.  A hard reset is just unplugging it while it is powered on for ten seconds then plug it back in.  If this is a mechanical issue, you may want to try removing all the componants you can while it is powered off, turn it back on, shake the toner carefully and put it back in (basically the only thing I suppose you would remove) and see if it responds then.

The steps in this link are not recommended so I would do this last (worse case scenerio).  NVRam resets only fix some issues not all.

Happy to help!

HP Recommended

The two green lights are now on, so I'm assuming it is working properly. How do I set it up as a wireless printer now?

HP Recommended

Very good to hear!  Now you may need a USB cord, but I would start by either inserting the disk that came with the printer or click this link to access the software.  Download/install the software and it will provide suggestions to help you get it setup wirelessly.

--What is My Operating System--

HP Recommended

I wasn't able to locate the driver for this printer for a computer with Windows 7?

HP Recommended

Sorry for the delayed response.

Install the Universal Print Driver and if this model pre-dates wireless, you may just have to use an Ethernet cord to plug the printer into your wireless router and then access it that way.

This model just doesn't look like it is wireless - check out this link tho.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.