02-14-2012 04:25 AM
Essentially a new laptop trying to install the drivers for the printer on the network to be used wirelessly.
I have downloaded the drivers for windows 7 (64 bit (checked and double checked that it was right)), both the basic and full versions and when attempting the setup process is running, it just crashes.
It gets up to the step where it has found the updates and begins to install them and the program just disappears.
I have the CD that came with the printer but it does the same thing when you try to install off that.
I have also tried to get the drivers through adding the device through devices and printers but when windows update tries to get the drivers for it, it just says failed to install.
I uninstalled my antivirus software just incase it was blocking it but that didnt help.
WHAT DO I DO?
05-07-2012 12:07 PM
Do you still have the problem with installing the printer? If so check out the following article and go to "No, my error does not include a numbered code". And check step 2 (do this after trying to install the printer).
What printer and Operating system do you have? Are you experiencing any error codes or anything?
When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation