Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet 1300 PCL6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Can anyone help please? I've just bought a new HP Envy notebook running Windows 10(64-bit) and it just will not recognise my old (10 years) HP Laserjet 1300 PCL6 mono laser printer (but my last laptop on Windows 10 did work with it). I can't find any drivers on the HP website, and I don't want to give up on my laser printer because, although old, it works brilliantly as a low cost high quality workhorse printer. Any solutions gratefully received. Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It was the universal driver that did it, thank you!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Download the universal pcl6 driver and see if you can use it to load the printer. This does count on the computer see the printer when you plug in the usb cable. I know windows 10 support usb3.0 so it is possible your old computer still have usb2.0 and the new has usb3.0. See if there is a way to downgrade the usb ports to 2.0

HP Recommended

Just the job, thank you. My trusty printer now up and running. Thank you!!

HP Recommended

Just wanting to know if the universal driver or changing ports to 2.0 solved your problem and if so please mark as solved so others will know how you got it working. If something else solved the issue mark as solved again with what you did so other will know when they do a search.

HP Recommended

It was the universal driver that did it, thank you!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.