Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro MFP M125nw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I want to enable Web Service for my new printer...

I connect to the printer web portal using its IP address and go to the HP Web Services tab. When clicking on the Enable button I go randomly through the following behaviours: 

- "Connecting..." forever (really, forever)

- Message "An info sheet will be printed" and it never gets printed 

- Connection error (without further information!) 

If I use the special button in my printer's pannel to get the e-mail address of course a progress bar just keeps there forever...

I have tried manual IP settings, DHCP settings, wireless and wired connections. Resetted the router, printer, as many times as my patiente can tolerate. 

I am really sorry to tell, but I am furious and I think such a buggy feature should not be released. I can't believe such a bad product has reached the market. Very dissapointed. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @mauriciojost

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I understand that you are having a problem enabling Web Services. 

After reading what you have tried, I noticed that you did not mention setting a manual DNS. Try setting the manual DNS and see if it helps. 

Primary DNS Address: 209.244.0.3

Secondary DNS Address: 209.244.0.4

In my experience, this address works best with Laserjets. 

Additional troubleshooting can be found here: Pro Tips: Troubleshooting ePrint and Scan to Email Issues in e-All-in-One Printers

Let me know if those steps worked for you. If they did, that’s awesome! Give us some reinforcement by hitting the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @mauriciojost

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I understand that you are having a problem enabling Web Services. 

After reading what you have tried, I noticed that you did not mention setting a manual DNS. Try setting the manual DNS and see if it helps. 

Primary DNS Address: 209.244.0.3

Secondary DNS Address: 209.244.0.4

In my experience, this address works best with Laserjets. 

Additional troubleshooting can be found here: Pro Tips: Troubleshooting ePrint and Scan to Email Issues in e-All-in-One Printers

Let me know if those steps worked for you. If they did, that’s awesome! Give us some reinforcement by hitting the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello @mauriciojost

You could even try other DNS that even more generic

Primary 8.8.8.8 

Secondary 8.8.4.4

But before you try those go to the Network set up menu on the printer and change the link speed to 100TXfull as well make sure that the printer has the latest firmware running  

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-pro-mfp-m125-series/5396664/model/530340...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
HP Recommended

It stopped being a nightmare 🙂

I had tried before with google's DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and that did not work.

Problem fixed, but I am unsatisfied of the default parameters being chosen. There should be a suggestion at least in the web portal for those DNS server, or something.

Plus, the Event Log page is always blank so that does not help. Probably there is a procedure to follow as well to enable such? Why not enabling it by default if so? 

Best, 

Mauricio 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.