Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laser Jet CP1025nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

the network can only connect to the printer for about 60 seconds or so. then now longer viewable.

The printer was used wireless only for a year or two, then just stopped working.

I cannot seem to connect via usb.

So i tried connecting to two  different routers. same result.

Any suggestions?

(I have read that there is some kind of reset I can do, but the HP person sent the info to the person by message.)

This is what I see:

HP - CP1025nw.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi kirby88, 

Thank you for your response! 

Yes I do think there is a hardware issue with the printer. Not honestly sure what the options would be for hardware, you would need to contact HP phone support for your hardware options. (After you fill out the information, you will be given a phone number.) If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector. As it appears to be an issue with the printer's hardware itself. 

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this answers your questions! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @kirby88,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I see you are running into some connections issues with your HP LaserJet Pro CP1025nw. It keeps dropping offline. 

I would like you to get stated here: Printer is Offline (Windows)

You may need to assign a Static IP address listed in step 5.

What are the results? This is a great question other customers may also be wondering about; please click the "Accept as Solution" if you feel this post has helped you, or could help others. 

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I did assign it a static ipaddress to make it easier to find, as part of my trouble shooting steps.

this issue can be reproduced, whether connected to a pc or mac. Tested on different routers, same result.

HP Recommended

Hi kirby88, 

I saw your post, and I am happy to help! 

What happens if you try to print a configuration page? 

Press and hold the Resume () button for two to three seconds to print a configuration page.

NOTE:

Both the configuration page and the supplies status page print when you press and hold the Resume button for two to three seconds.

Figure : Configuration page

Image: Configuration page.

If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope to hear from you soon! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

I can get that sheet to print if I do in within the 1st 30-60 second period when printer is powered on.

Product info:

Controller #: 20120130

Firware #: 20110824

software driver ver: 600x2

Max Mono Print Quality: ImageR Et 2400

Max Color Print Quality:  

Memory:

Total: 64

Available: 56

Impressions:

They are all set to zero

Product Settings:

IO Timeout: 120sec

Auto Off: 15 No Stings in ROM

Network Info:

Host Name: NPI0##### (# out host actual number)

Wire MAC: is good

Wireless MAC: is good

Network in use: No Strings in ROM

Total Packets rec'd: 54

Bad Packets rec'd: 0

Total Packets transmitted: 70

IPv4: 192.168.190

IP Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

IP Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Bonjour Name: HP LaserJet CP 1025nw

IP Configured By: No Strings in ROM

DHCP/BOOTP Server: 192.168.1.1

WINS Server: 0.0.0.0

IPv6Link Local Address: (has one)

IPv6 Stateless Address: (is blank)

IPv6 DHCP Address: (is blank)

802.11b/g Wireless:

Communication Mode: No Strings in ROM

Network Name SSID: Not Configured

Authentication: No Strings in ROM

Direct Print Config:

Direct Print: off

Direct Print Name (SSID): HP-Print_E9-LaserJet 1025

Channel: 6

IP Address: 192.168.223.1

Event Log:

Code                                               Page

HP Recommended

Hi kirby88, 

Thank you for your reply! 

I would recommend to please contact HP phone support for your hardware options. (After you fill out the information, you will be given a phone number.) If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector. As it appears to be an issue with the printer's hardware itself. 

Remember to please return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

Best regards! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

So in short, do you belive that there is a hardware issue with the printer?

HP Recommended

Since the unit is out of warranty, the hardware options i assume you are referring to would be to send HP the printer for hardware repairs?

HP Recommended

Hi kirby88, 

Thank you for your response! 

Yes I do think there is a hardware issue with the printer. Not honestly sure what the options would be for hardware, you would need to contact HP phone support for your hardware options. (After you fill out the information, you will be given a phone number.) If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector. As it appears to be an issue with the printer's hardware itself. 

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this answers your questions! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I have tried to get a phone number to call but no luck.
If I fill out the form before 8am EST, I get 

Then when I tried later, The page clears the page to a generic one about my printer and no phone number.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.