Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I've got two-sided selected, with flipping on long edge, and still it won't print on both sides.  It has worked fine in other settings (from Word 2010, for example), but there's some software communication problem in Adobe Reader.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Uninstall Adobe Reader XI. Now download and install Acrobat Adobe Reader DC from their web site. Now try.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Uninstall Adobe Reader XI. Now download and install Acrobat Adobe Reader DC from their web site. Now try.
HP Recommended

Dear Sabretooth04,

Coincidentally enough, before seeing your reply, I tried rebooting the computer, and when I did, was asked if I wanted to install the new Adobe Reader (DC), which I did, and then it printed 2-sided, at 115% scale, with no problem.  So, you were right!

HP Recommended

Thank you @sabretooth04,

This was my problem too.  I just got a new 6970 and was using Reader XI and could not get it to print on both sides of the paper.  I thought the printer was broken until I realised I could print my emails double sided, and set me looking for this solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.