05-09-2014 11:15 PM
Unfortunately your problem sounds more like a hardware issue with the printer itself. If it's powering down and not able to turn back on again, it may be a power related issue. Try the obvious first, use a different power outlet and see if the issue persists. Next, if you're like me and enjoy getting to the bottom of things..get a new power adapter for the printer. But before you do anything, do a full reset to defaults on the printer. Here are the instructions:
Follow these steps to perform a power reset and to try faxing again.
- Remove all the paper loaded in the main input tray.
- Press the Power button to turn off the product.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the back of the product.
- Disconnect the power cord from the product.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds .
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the back of the product.
- Press the Power button to turn on the product.
- Reconnect the USB cable to the back of the product.I believe the rest of the users on this thread are only experiencing a disconnect from the network, not a total power freeze like yours is doing. If it doesn't wake up after you hit the power button, that's another problem. When these go into power save/sleep mode, the power button should blink every 5-10 seconds at all times, until it wakes up for a print job that was sent to it, or when you press a button on it to wake it up. Keep me posted on how the troubleshooting goes.
06-18-2014 12:12 PM
These printers have a serious problem with loosing wireless connectivity with your router when used in a wireless mode. HP has simply ignored the problem and complaints. I did everything imaginable to try to resolve the issue. Static IP, firmware upgrades yada yada yada and nothing fixes it. It occurs with any kind of wireless router and the only consistent fix I have found is to reboot the router to restablish the connection. When it happens you can ping the printers IP address and it simply doesnt respond even though the IP address is reserved of the router and the IP address actually appears on the printer on the control panel. For some reason the printer simply will not talk to the router again until the connection is broken and restablished by rebooting the router. Rebooting the printer works sometimes but not always. Again take note that this occurs on multiple brands of routers (I've tried 3) and the symptoms are very consistent.
06-18-2014 12:34 PM
(A) put your document into the scanner open Microsoft office word document, go to the insert tab and choose your source file as your HP Scanner to put into your document. This will automatically reconnect your computer to your HP Scanner no reboot required.
(B) sometimes just shutting down the printer works HOWEVER you most likely have done this numerous times before!
06-18-2014 02:26 PM
Actually it appears like it did. I don't have a USB connection. I use it strickly wireless, so some of it didn't apply. The power light in sleep mode doesn't blink either. It stays solid green. Anyway so far so good.
07-08-2014 02:41 PM
We just switched from Century Link to Xfinity, I used the set up wizard to get it going but it doesn't seen to be hooked up. the status says printer is offline.
08-26-2014 11:16 AM
Call HP and ask to talk to their engineers - if you have WIn 8x, there is a known problem with the HP officejets and the regular HP help can't fix it - they are supposed to send you up to the engineers. THey can fix your problem. All this rebooting, etc. is nonsense. I have an 8620 officejet and the engineers fixed the problem, but it took 4 phonecalls to normal HP helpline before someone sent me further up the food chain.
So far, I'm good.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation