Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Ok, to follow-up: I returned the officejet 6600 and got a new one. Problem solved, wifi connection works seemlessly.

A bit unfortunate that this kind of stuff happens, but anyway, now everything is fine.

Thank you for your help!

HP Recommended

Sorry to open old thread, but I had the exact same issue too.

I rarely use this printer, and it works when I first time connect it to the network.

Last night when I'm trying to use it, it won't detect my wifi at all. No configuration changes on the router since last time it set up.

I've tried to follow all troubleshooting steps here, and upgrading the printer firmware to the latest, but it still failed to detect my wifi.

Looks like there's a major bug on this printer that need to be solved... If no further support available from HP team, then I will resort in returning this printer.

HP Recommended

What router?  Does the printer have a strong wifi signal?

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

I use FritzBox 7390 with Wireless N+G with WPA+WPA2 PSK encryption.

Printer only sits less than 1 meter from the router, thus signal strength shouldn't be an issue.

No Ethernet port on the printer to test whether the issue is on the router or on the wireless.

HP Recommended

By the way, I've disabled 5Ghz signal from my router to isolate that issue, and it still has the same issue

HP Recommended

OK, to make sure I understand - the printer actually connects to your wireless network and although it works for a while once the printer goes to sleep, your computer/router cannot wake it.

If that is the case there are a few things we can try:

1. In your router settings, make sure that Multicasting is enabled.

2. Set the router 2.4GHz channel to 11.  I know it sounds wierd, but please try it.

3. Set a static IP address for the printer:

- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.
- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings.
- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.
- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). If you do not know the range, change the last set of numbers (those after the last '.') to 250
- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)
- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway.
- Enter 8.8.8.8 for the first DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the second DNS. This is Google DNS. You can choose another external DNS if you wish.
- Click 'Apply'.

Now, shut down the router and printer, start the router, wait, then start the printer.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Hi PrintDoc,  thanks for the reply.

1. I can't see Multicast option for my Wifi configuration on the router. I'll search on the net further.

2. Channel 11.... Ok.. I'll give it a go tonight

3. My original setting was using DHCP, but because the printer can't connect to the wireless, it can't get IP address from DHCP on my router, thus I can't browse the web management page on the printer.

One thing I notice last night was, when I tried to set manual IP from the printer console, I can enter the IP address manually, but as soon as I click OK to save the IP address, it won't save it. It still displaying IP: No Link.

I did reset network configuration and try again, but same thing happened.

I might try again tonight to set this manual IP up

4. I'll try to use Google DNS if setting up manual IP above successful

5. What I might try as well is to reduce the Wifi security, instead of WPA + WPA2, I'll use either WPA or WPA2 only, or even WEP just to try out.

HP Recommended

I am not sure exactly what you meant, but DHCP MUST be active for the printer to initially connect.

Try it with no security at all as a test.  WEP often creates more problems that WPA/WPA2 regarding connectivity.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

My DHCP was active all the time.

When I initially connect my printer to Wifi (brand new printer from the shop), it works fine.

Since then I've switched off the printer...

Few days ago when I switch it back on, it won't connect to my wireless at all. The wireless light keeps blinking (usually it solid when it connected to wifi).

I tried to do the troubleshooting steps outlined above without any success, even setting manual IP won't work as I mentioned above.

I'll try the troubleshooting step you mentioned, and I'll keep you posted

HP Recommended

hi all,

PrintDoc was right. Changing wireless channel to 11 fix the printer wifi connection issue.

I did upgrade the firmware to the lastest version as well though, not sure if that helps, but it gave me capability to scan to email, so its well worth it.

Kudos

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.