06-15-2012 12:48 AM
I have the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus and I'm trying to install it on a Dell laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I get to the installation window which asks me to plug in the printer and make sure it's turned on. I plug in the usb cable... andnothing. After a few minutes another window pops up saying "It looks like you can't connect..." and offers no solution.
I've gone into my "Devices and Printers" control panel and see the icon for the Officejet 8600 but there's a yellow traingle with a "!" in it. When I right click on it and hit "troubleshoot" it says "Officejet Pro doesn't have a driver". I thought the installation process was supposed to install the driver. I downloaded the driver directly from the HP website.
So how can I fix this? How can I install the driver when it just takes me to this stage and then times out?
06-15-2012 02:04 AM
Have you run/executed the downloaded files yet ? You have to run them first - the installation process may ask you where the driver is and you have to point to the right place.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation