Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
P1102W
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

My printer will not initialize and the orange light keeps flashing. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer driver and firmware.  It also shows "it may be out of toner" when I know it is not. Will not print test page or anything else as it's not communicating with the comptuer. Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @cbloom57,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you have a blinking orange light on your Laserjet P1102w Printer. I can help you with that.

To start, make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done, while the printer is powered on, remove the power cable from the back of the printer for one minute. If you are still seeing a blinking orange light then the printer is most likely having a recoverable hardware issue. This document outlines how to troubleshoot error lights on the printer.

Please let me know the results after following the above. If you are able to clear the blinking light, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hey @cbloom57,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you have a blinking orange light on your Laserjet P1102w Printer. I can help you with that.

To start, make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done, while the printer is powered on, remove the power cable from the back of the printer for one minute. If you are still seeing a blinking orange light then the printer is most likely having a recoverable hardware issue. This document outlines how to troubleshoot error lights on the printer.

Please let me know the results after following the above. If you are able to clear the blinking light, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Well, it took some doing, but I got it working again.  I think it was because a piece of paper was partially fed into the machine but wasn't necessarily jammed.  Thanks for your help!!!!

HP Recommended

I’ve tried printing a document three times and it only prints a quarter of a page and either the orange or green light flashes, one goes away and then it can be the other one.

It doesn’t need toner, it’s plugged directly into an outlet and I’ve unplugged it and waited a minute and plugged it back in a couple of times. I’ve put the paper in and out again to make sure it’s in the right place.

I’m trying to print this from my iPad.

I never had this problem early on but it seems to do it more often or else prints a page and waits forever to print out another one. It’s out of warranty. I love this printer when it’s working, what’s my next step?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.