Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Whenever I try to print something it continues printing until I manually take it out of the queue.  Same thing happens when printing from two different computers, so I think the problem is in the printer.  Any ideas?

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

This also happens on my Windows 7 64 bit systems. Works fine in XP 32 bit.  Imagine my surpise when I tried to print a 2 page document and saw my printer in another room printing out about 50 pages... before I could cancel the job... ugh!

I think I read somewhere that alternative drivers (such as for the 2015) would wok better... there is also a 64 bit Vista driver pack... I have emailed HP to see if they have an official solution.

I'll keep this thread updated if I figure anything out.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with Windows 7 64-bit and a networked HP CP1215. Using a wired d-link router that has a USB printer port.  Prints fine from XP using same set-up.Updating the drivers didn't help. Same problem is present with Vista:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7hardware/thread/3b1b576b-c677-4e1e-87e9-c2e29eb28...

HP Recommended

Here's what worked for me and my HP CP1215. Change the printer port’s settings so that LPR Byte Counting is Enabled. Here's a link with screen grabs:

http://cjohns.net/?p=733

HP Recommended

I can confirm that this works on my network too!!!! Thanks.

To summarize:

Problem:

-when in Raw mode, the spooler sends infinite copies to the printer.

Solution:

-under configure port, change the port settings to LPR mode with LPR byte counting enabled (queue name can be an arbitrary value).

HP Recommended

I used 7-zip to expand the installer, since for a NETWORKED printer all hp provides is the USB drivers; than i had to change to LPR and enable LPR byte counting to resolve the multiple printing problems. One would have hoped that HP would have provided network friendly 64 bit drivers as an easy download for a printer with a built in network card....

HP Recommended

The LPR option didn't work for me and my P2035n. When I configure the LPR option, nothing goes to the printer at all. Any other suggestions? Does the "queue name" refer to something that needs to get set up separately?

HP Recommended

Enabling Byte Counting worked for our Lab environment using a Laserjet 2035n printer.

Thanks!!

HP Recommended

Seeing the same thing on 64-bit Windows 7 machines here as well.  Printing a single page document results in the printer spitting out multiple copies of the same document until it either runs out of paper, or is powered down to clear the queue.

Plugged directly into our switch, not going through a print server, we have multiple users showing this same problem.  Tried the RAW to LPR fix, but that only appears to work those hooked up through a print server.

Would aprreciate any suggestions on this issue.

HP Recommended

We had the problem that when you send a document to the printer, it carries on printing hundreds of copies of the same document until you manually cancel all documents from the print queue dialog window. This was not via print server.

There is no point trying to upgrade the firmware on the device, the driver on the laptop, re-start any computer or printer.

All you have to do is uncheck the "Enable bidirectional support" feature in the Printer Properties in the ports tab.
The problem was found on a HP Laserjet Professional P1606dn connected from Windows 7.

Maybe this will help solve your problem too? ( and save paper!)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.