Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have at work several HP Laserjet P4015 printers, and I've noticed these error messages on some printer's event log:

Number : 42

Date and Time: 2011-APR-2

Cycles: 205569

Event: 41.03.00

Firmware: 04.060.7

Description or Personality     GENERAL MISPRINT ERROR

--------------

Number : 42

Date and Time: 2011-APR-2

Cycles199030  

Event: 49.4CF0

Firmware: 04.060.7

Description or Personality    0300  -652410077 PRINTER ERROR 

Does anyone know what do they exactly mean? Or Where I can find more information about them?  a Fix?

Printer are working ok for know, and I've not receive any reports from the users, but I'm worried about seeing those kind of errors in the logs.

I'll appreciate your help on this.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

41.03 is often caused by paper being set to one size and another sent. It can also occur when the page does not feed past a sensor in the time alotted and the printer thinks it is a larger size.

The 49 errors are more mysterious but can sometimes be prevented by downloading soft fonts using the print driver versus "use device fonts".

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

hp 4015dn :  Error & sudden slow priting & heavy sound

HP Recommended
i am using hp 4015dn printer. its very fast printing and very good service from hp service engineers. while i printing the print becomes suddenly slow . i have to power off printer and power on, then it starts again at exact speed of printing. and suddenly again it start slow. getting tired.
HP Recommended
getting an error of 13.20.00 and display clearing paper path. error
HP Recommended

I"m getting that too.  Prints fine then slows and will fail.  replaced rollers, and dc controller.  Still doing it.  Anybody?

HP Recommended

Hello, have you tried doing a firmware update?

HP Recommended

Hello

resend firmawre on P4015 :

1.      -Firmware-Upgrade

1. Turn the printer power off
2. Power the printer back on and watch for the memory count to begin
3. Hold down the Cancel (X) button when you see the memory count begin. Continue holding this button down until all three printer control panel lights flash once and then remain on. This may take up to 10 seconds.
4. Press the SELECT (OK) button and then the MENU button.
5. Scroll down until you see “Clear All RFU Errors”.
6. Press the SELECT (OK) button twice until the highlighted cursor is the letter ‘C’ in the word ‘Clear’.
7. Scroll down until you see “Set Runmode to Manual”.
8. Press the SELECT (OK) button once until the highlighted cursor is on the letter ‘R’ in the word ‘Runmode’.
9. Scroll down until you see “Set RFU Error Off”.
10. Press the SELECT (OK) button twice until the highlighted cursor is on the letter ‘S’ in the word ‘Set’.
11. Turn the printer off and power back on.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.