Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Dear Sir,

We facing a printing problem in HP LaserJet 1536dnf MFP. when we print the .pdf file the print out showing this.

PCL XL Error

Subsystem: KERNEL

Error: ExtraData

File Name:  kerlib.c

Line Number: 9024

Please help us

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @eeredbadaun

I see by your post that when trying to print a PDF, the printer prints out a PCL XL error. I can help you with this.

I have provided some steps to see if this will resolve the issue.

Go to start/devices and printers/right click on the printer/left click printing preferences.
Click on the Advanced tab/click + beside document options/click + beside printer features.
Then click on printer data optimization.
Change it to optimized for text & vector instead of auto.

Restart the computer and try printing again.

Adobe 10 can also be the cause of some PCL XL error messages when PDF's are printed.

Going back to Adobe 9 can sometimes resolve this issue.

What version are you using?

If the issue persists, then I would update the printer's firmware. HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf Multifunction Printer Drivers.

Select your operating system, click next, click the link for firmware.

What operating system are you using? How to Find the Windows Edition and Version on Your Computer.

If you need further assistance, just let me know.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.