07-01-2012 01:30 AM
I am having the same problem. I had to reinstall my HP 3310 AIO and the updated software asked for a username and password before I could enter the network settings. I also have an HP netbook which asked for the same thing. I tried my router username and password, which didnt work; and since i never set a username and password for accessing the network settings on my printer, I can't get in and ensure that the networking is set up correctly.
I tried uninstalling the printer software and installing the old version, but I kept getting a message stating that the printer software WAS installed even thought I thought I'd removed it. I cant go in and remove all of the "HP" stuff on the netbook because it is an HP; and I don't want to remove the wrong things in the registry. Does anyone have any suggestions?
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation