Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

If you have a paper jam, the following videos will give you the HP accepted solutions for fixing a jam.  The videos do not explain how to bypass broken parts that may be causing a jam, but they do explain (and show) the best way to resolve a paper jam.

This first video is for the HP PSC 1210.  The steps are the same for all videos in the HP PSC 1200 series.  

This video is for the HP Deskjet D1660 printer.

This video is for the HP Laserjet M1319f.

This video is for the HP Laserjet P1005.

This video was created for the HP Photosmart C5580 All-in-One.  The steps are the same for the following printers.

» HP Photosmart C5540 All-in-One Printer
» HP Photosmart C5550 All-in-One Printer
» HP Photosmart C5240 All-in-One Printer
» HP Photosmart C5250 All-in-One Printer
» HP Photosmart C5275 All-in-One Printer
» HP Photosmart C5280 All-in-One Printer
» HP Photosmart C5283 All-in-One Printer
» HP Photosmart C5288 All-in-One Printer
» HP Photosmart C5290 All-in-One Printer

I am an HP employee.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Adding more videos...

This video was made for the HP Officejet K5400 printer.  The steps are the same for the following printers:

» HP Officejet Pro K5400dn Printer
» HP Officejet Pro K5400dtn Printer
» HP Officejet Pro K5400n Printer
» HP Officejet Pro K550 Printer

This video was created for the HP Photosmart C6380 All-in-One.  The steps are the same for the following printers:

» HP Photosmart C6340 All-in-One Printer
» HP Photosmart C6350 All-in-One Printer
» HP Photosmart C6383 All-in-One Printer

This video is for the HP Laserjet CP1518.  

This video was created for the HP Officejet 6310xi, 6313, 6315, and 6318 All-in-One printers. 

This video was created for the HP Deskjet D1530.  The steps are the same for the following printers:

• HP Deskjet 1520
  • HP Deskjet 1530
  • HP Deskjet 1558
  • HP Deskjet 1560
  • HP Deskjet 1568 

I am an HP employee.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

Adding more videos...

This video was made for the HP Officejet K5400 printer.  The steps are the same for the following printers:

» HP Officejet Pro K5400dn Printer
» HP Officejet Pro K5400dtn Printer
» HP Officejet Pro K5400n Printer
» HP Officejet Pro K550 Printer

This video was created for the HP Photosmart C6380 All-in-One.  The steps are the same for the following printers:

» HP Photosmart C6340 All-in-One Printer
» HP Photosmart C6350 All-in-One Printer
» HP Photosmart C6383 All-in-One Printer

This video is for the HP Laserjet CP1518.  

This video was created for the HP Officejet 6310xi, 6313, 6315, and 6318 All-in-One printers. 

This video was created for the HP Deskjet D1530.  The steps are the same for the following printers:

• HP Deskjet 1520
  • HP Deskjet 1530
  • HP Deskjet 1558
  • HP Deskjet 1560
  • HP Deskjet 1568 

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

And more...

This video is for the HP Officejet J6480.  The steps are the same for the following printers:

HP Officejet J6410

HP Officejet J6413

HP Officejet J6415

HP Officejet J6450

This video is for the HP Deskjet F4210, F4213, F4235, F4240, F4272, F4275, F4280, F4283, F4288 printers.

This video is for the HP Officejet J4680 All-in-One.  This video also applies to the following printers:
HP Officejet J4540 All-in-One Printer
HP Officejet J4550 All-in-One Printer
HP Officejet J4580 All-in-One Printer
HP Officejet J4660 All-in-One Printer
HP Officejet J4680c All-in-One Printer

This video is for the HP Photosmart C4200, C4300, C4400, and C4500 printers.

This video shows how to fix  paper jam on a C7280 printer.   It also shows how to resolve a carriage jam. This video also applies to the following printers:
Photosmart 8250 Series
Photosmart D6100 Series
Photosmart D7100 Series
Photosmart D7200 Series
Photosmart D7300 Series
Photosmart D7400 Series
Photosmart 3100 Series
Photosmart 3200 Series
Photosmart 3300 Series
Photosmart C5100 All-In-One Series
Photosmart C6100 All-In-One Series
Photosmart C6200 All-In-One Series
Photosmart C7100 All-In-One Series
Photosmart C7200 All-in-One Series
Photosmart C8100 All-In-One Series

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

This video applies to the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I have watched the video on the C7200's. I have a C7250 and all of a sudden the paper begins to jam, I have followed all directions to clear and everything is fine. The funny thing is the test page will print properly but not the page I try to print from Word. The paper is jamming on the left hand corner when looking inside the printer. Any other suggestions. I tried to take it to Best Buy which was listed as a repair station but they told me they don't return printers out of warranty and that it would cost me as much as a new printer. Any suggestions?? I need help. The printer is only 2 years old.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Printers usually have different paper pick torque levels depending on the paper type it is trying to print on. Check the print properties to make sure that the paper type chosen is the correct one for the type you are printing on. As a test, load some plain paper in the input tray, open a MS Document, click print, click print properties, go to the Features tab, change the paper type to plain and then press Apply. Print out the document and hopefully this time it does not jam.

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
HP Recommended

I have a HP Officejet J3680 all in one , I had it for a year,stored in my living room in the box it came in, unopened. I installed it in Dec and have been having trouble with so called PAPER JAMS.  It printed two or three times and that was it.  when it starts it is so noisy clanking and banging its terrible.  I chatted witha tech and went through the process with him to no avail. still is doing the same thing. I wasn't offered a repair,but a trade in for 70.99 including 2 yrs warranty.,  I paid 89. for this and it worked twice.  I know it is out of warranty, but don't you think something could be done? 

Are there any suggestions out there or do I just dropit on the floor.  Can you tell that I am very frustrated???????????

Any help is most welcome    thanks.................... I am running Windows vista, I had an HP 360 before, but it wasn't compatible for scanning with vista, so that is why I got this one.............

HP Recommended

Try the document linked below. You might have done some of the steps with the support agent but it doesnt hurt to go through it again.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01124440

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.