Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet Pro P1102w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Please

Can any one tell me How I get the possibility to make a new username and password for the Authenticatie from the HP Networking

I had all and saved it, but it does not work  anymore.

I have  changed  my wifi name and I had to go into the configuration from the Printer.

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@Catharina27

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw printer and would like to make a new username and password for the Authenticate from the HP Networking. I read that you have changed the wifi name and had to go into the configuration from the printer. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better: 

• Did your Internet Service Provider happen to replace the router for your wifi network?
  • Are you facing any issues connecting the printer to the wifi network?
  • Are you trying to change the user name and password for your wifi network?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to refer to page no. 67 to from the user manual to view the detailed instructions of connecting the printer to a wifi network.

Please keep me posted. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks for trying to help me. I was sick for a litte time and therefor  I could not answer. But I think you do not understand me well. I have a "HP Laserjet Pro P1102w"

You asked:

• Did your Internet Service Provider happen to replace the router for your wifi network?    NO
  • Are you facing any issues connecting the printer to the wifi network?                                       NO
  • Are you trying to change the user name and password for your wifi network?                       Yes  and it works well

You tell me to look at page 67 from the manual, but I have an other printer, you thougt.

All I want to use the possibility to make a new username and password for the Authenticatie from the HP Networking.

I do not know anymore the password. I had written the pasword and saved, but it does not work anymore

I hope You understand me. I am Dutch and it is a little different to write in English.

Rita

HP Recommended

@Catharina27

You're welcome Rita and thanks for replying with the information. 🙂

Your English is very good. 

Though I mentioned the printer model no. incorrectly, the user guide was for the correct model which is HP Laserjet Pro P1102w.

I still would like to understand the issue better. Are yo saying that you have forgotten the password for your wifi network? If yes, then you need to contact your Internet Service Provider and they will reset the password for you and you can have a new password for it. 

Please do let me know if this is what you would like to do. I'm always here to assist you. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Again,  Thanks for trying to help me. You asked: Are yo saying that you have forgotten the password for your wifi network?

Answer is NO. It has nothing to do with my own wifi. I send you a picture, perhaps you understand what is my problem. I can not given the wright password and username. I like to go to the Settings of the printer. The windows you see asked for authentication. And I can not do that.

HP.jpg

HP Recommended

@Catharina27

You're welcome. 🙂

Thanks for providing the image. The user name and password is for the router and not the printer. You're trying to access the EWS page (Embedded Web Server) of the printer and it is prompting to enter the user name and password of the router to authenticate.

If you do no thave this information then I suggest you to contact your internet service provider and they would be able to help you with the credentials. 

Please do let me know what happens. Thanks again! 

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying so soon. My printer is "connected" to the router with the name xxxxxx. I know for that router, the password and username. When I understand you well, I have to use , THOSE same password and username to make acces to the EWS. It is at this moment not possible to control it. Tomorrow I shall try, I thought I had done it before . I let you know

Rita

HP Recommended

@Catharina27

You're welcome Rita. 🙂

I'll watch for your response. Take care! 

HP Recommended

Good morning Kazi

The "problem" is not resolved. I wrote: My printer is "connected" to the router with the name xxxxxx. I know for that router, the password and username. When I understand you well, I have to use , THOSE same password and username to make acces to the EWS.

When I use that password and username, It does not work.  When I try to open HP-Webservices, or Networking, or Settins, All I get the pricture to see, I send you before and I have to fill in my pasword and username. But IT DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!

I do not know anymore, how to open those parts. I certain know I had not made mistakes with the password and username. My phone  and Ipad are wordking very well with the same password and usernamn from my Wifi.

Rita de Jong

HP Recommended

Hi @Catharina27

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

As I understand you have tried to get rid of the screen however, you are still stuck on the same issue, I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support. So that they can take the control of your PC remotely and help you check the settings. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.