01-30-2013 08:20 PM
After changing the wireless router ( for the laptop in another room ) to a cisco linksys EA3500 my HP Photosmart 2610 printer shows offline therefore I am unable to print. Currently the connection is into the router. I tried connecting the printer into the back of the computer but windows told me it did not recognize the device. I was going to delete the printer and reload it but I can not find the disk that accompanied the printer when purchased. Should the printer be connected to the router or the computer tower? Also, if I need to simply reload the printer how might I go about getting a disk. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
02-01-2013 11:31 AM - last edited on 04-19-2016 12:28 PM by OscarFuentes
This article should help with your printer offline error:
Give the steps outlined a try and let us know if it helps.
Best of Luck!
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation