Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@dream2long ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

This is still going on and it's 2015.  My problem as with other posters is the light Cyan.

HP Recommended

I haven't received any PM that I can find when I sign in to HP.  Maybe it's too soon.  I have however, noticed people talking about this issue with the HP7280  being mostly isolated to the Light Cyan.  I know for a fact that the expiration date on the cartridge itself is past date.  I just inserted it into the printer brand new from the package I bought at Staples less than a year ago, so if they do not go by the expiration date on the cartridge itself, why would it say it's expired going in brand new?  I just put a couple other new cartridges in one was black and expires 12/2015.  I will watch and see if this cartridge is expired on that date now.  I love this printer and had my mom purchase the same one a few years ago, but the ink is expensive enough without it telling me when to change it, or telling me a brand new cartridge is out of date.  I just changed two a few months ago that said they were expired.  I believe I just kept overriding it at the control panel each time (hitting ok each time I turn it on to print), until they were gone.  Will this fix with a hard drive reset, as someone else suggested?

HP Recommended

hp has rendered my 7280 useless with this 'expired cartridge' nonsense.  I have a box full of replacement, factory issue cartridges which have now become worthless.  Your response to others is that they may damage their 'out of warranty' printers if they continue to re-ink them.

First of all, it is NOT the cartridges that have expired, it is the hp warranty.  I want to use the printer until it fails.  NOT until its warranty expires.

The warranty on my 2002 Toyota Avalon expired years ago.  Would I expect Toyota to render impossible my continued use of this automobile due to possibly damaging to the car?  How do you spell i-n-s-a-n-e ?

The entire hp premise of 'expired cartridges' is bizarre and the reason it has been emplaced is patently clear:  It will force hp printer users to buy new machines.

To this end hp has been successful.  I am now forced to buy a replacement printer.  Do you think, in your wildest imagination that this replacement will be a hp model?  Not in my lifetime.  You are not trustworthy.

HP Recommended

I actually received a phone call from HP about my inquiry and they sent me out brand new cartridges for the two I had issues with, though the expiration date is not too far out at early 2016.  They explained that they removed this annoying feature from the future printers after the issue was brought to their attention.  I didn't have an issue until I hadn't used my printer for a while with colored ink.   I use the grayscale option most often to print coupons, etc.   So this particualr time I tried to print and it said my ink was expired, so I replaced the Cyan with a new one out of the unopened package, only for it to read expired as well.  You can override this annoying feature though by hitting the right direction arrow then okay, each and everytime you turn the printer off and on again.

HP Recommended

I have one of those beautiful printers (C7280 All in One).  Loved it, Loved it, Loved it.  Until a SW Upgrade began to detect Cartridge dates, and expired them.  (Never had a problem before, was just fine!).  So now I cannot use the printer, even though the cartridges are almost full.  I don't need to print often, but when I do it's urgent.  So now, I can buy 5 new color cartridges at 5x25$ + a B/W at 59$ or get a new printer at 199.  I am going with a NEW PRINTER ---- but not a HP.  (Thanks HP for the good years)

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I have 4 HP printers and this is the oldest of my HP's and I have never seen this before. But it is not really a big prpblem, I just won't be buying anymore HP printers.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.