Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Purchased a d110 for its wireless print capabilities. I am trying to connect this device to an existing home network. After multiple tries, using multiple pcs and as a standalone printer, it will not connect. Regardless of whether I attempt to configure network settings from the printer or via the computer, I get the same useless error message about MAC address filtering:

hp_useless_message.png

My network is fine. I have over eight other devices connected to the network, and I've confirmed with Verizon that everythting is okay and up-to-date. I am using WPA2 authentication, and I don't have MAC filtering on:

network setting

I've owned quite a few hp products; this one has been the biggest disappointment. After 1.5 days, I'm about to call it quits.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I am having the exact problem with my Photosmart Plus series B209.  I have many wireless laptops and ipods connected to my router but I cannot get my printer to connect.  It works as a normal printer but not as a wireless.  I to have/had HP products but this is really getting me angry. 

HP Recommended

You say you are using WPA, but the screen shot says WEP.  Do not use WEP - use WPA with a strong 13+ character password that you create.  This printer may not work with WPA2 (although it should).

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Bought the Photosmart D110 to wirelessly connect with my iPad and iMac but it works on neither.  The touchscreen and ePrint button show it is connected to the static wireless network I set up:  192.168.2.101  Network config page and Network test report show that there are no problems  and status is connected.  I even set-up the printer on my PC just to see if it was working properly on the network and it works fine there(of course that's after a 2 hour call to HP New Delhi because the installer drivers were incorrect).  HP told me it was my network so I upgraded the firmware and all is well there.  Port 9100 is enabled.  So it should all be working on my Mac/iPad but isn't (and the HP Mac folks dont work on the weekend).  

I have narrowed it down and it's clearly a printer problem:  Touchscreen shows it's connected to my static IP address (above) but if I try to do a Product Update through the screen I get a Server Connection Error 901 problem...same with pressing the App icon...  and none of my Apple products see it...  Once in a while my iMac sees it but it will only scan for about a minute and then it goes away.  I have uninstalled and re-installed many many many times and downloaded the drivers. This is crazy.  Help!!!

HP Recommended

This is the third HP printer I've had that has had issues. This D110 worked flawlessly for about a month. I bought it on a black friday sale. By January it refused to connect to my wireless network "Mac fliltering enabled" which, similarly after a 2.5 hour call I got no where. The tech said it was an issue with my Apple Time Capsule. Whatever. I know better after countless troubleshoots with my time capsule (which by the way has given me no issues) and my router... I have another printer to add to the trash can.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem with my printer. But I went into the network preferences and then into show all at the top and then into printer and fax and then selected the default printer again it began to work again for some reason.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  I've spent 1 day with HP e-mail support and another day with telephone support.  No resolution.  My Photosmart D110 has connected to 2 different routers, but then lost the connection and will not reconnect.  HP talked me into buying a new router (bought a top of the line Linkysis).  This had exactly the same problems my old Netgear router had.  They still just blame the router/router settings.  I don't think there is a resolution -- others have had the same problem.  I'm going to try to return the printer, but I've had it more than 21 days.

HP Recommended

Case: Printer connected with IP address but nothing is working.
Just fixed the problem after hours of search as it was working previously and still on my daughter workstation.
In fact it is a workstation firewall trouble, probably just a rule bug.

If it works for you, here what i have done:
-Disable your workstation firewall
-Open the Network area and refresh with F5 to ensure you printer becomes visible.
-Depending on your firewall, you may launch the HP center and/or the Web access from your browser to get a connection your firewall will accept.
-Set back your firewall on
You are done !

HP Recommended

I had this same problem, and like most americans, I waited for months until I had time to deal with it.

I finally got it to work. I went to the HP sofeware and drivers link, downloaded the D110a drive, and followed the prompts.  It asked me what did I see and when it said not connected for the wireless feature, I think clicked the link and it was able to show me my password to my network (which I had no idea of) to get me connected wireless.  So I'm good to go.  My little blue button is no longer blinking, its a solid blue now.  that means I did something right and now i can print to this sucker.  Now all i need is some black ink....lol

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.