Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
All Parallel Printers
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Just saw a reply to a 5100 printer connected to lpt under windows 10 which failed with upgrade.  User was able to get it working by going into lpt port properties and telling it to use any interrupt assigned to the port.  This may be the solution users with windows 10 using parallel port on computer may need if printer stops working after upgrade.  The setting is usually under device manager where you scroll down to ports and left click and then right click on the lpt port being used and hit properties and they click on port settings and make the change.  It may or may not work but worth a try if all else fails.  Also applies to windows 10 64 bit.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I can't believe this is the only forum that has figured out Microsoft 10's latest blunder !

I spent 2 hours yesterday troubleshooting this issue for a client, and then this morning my LPT port quiting printing as the result of an update last night ... I would love to have the Microsoft Programmers in a room locked and a baseball bat ... 

HP Recommended

After a whole day faffing around - here is a 2 minute solution. I am ecstatic!!

HP Recommended

Brilliant.  Tried all day and now you find me a 2 minute solution

HP Recommended

I have a new Phonix Envy 860

My cutter has the older  printer cable

I purchased a cable to fit and connect to back USB ports

but my cutting program cadlink signlab8 says error reading port

when i use to set this prograsm up i would set cutter to LPT1 portand would work fine

ALSO NOTE my older computer just got a automatic upgrade to windows 10 and that machine works fine

with my cutter no problem

can someone guide me...

Thank you

HP Recommended

I have a new Phonix Envy 860

My cutter has the older  printer cable

I purchased a cable to fit and connect to back USB ports

but my cutting program cadlink signlab8 says error reading port

when i use to set this prograsm up i would set cutter to LPT1 portand would work fine

ALSO NOTE my older computer just got a automatic upgrade to windows 10 and that machine works fine

with my cutter no problem

can someone guide me...

Thank you

ZAKIE

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.