Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit. Three HP printers installed 1 x LaserJet 2015n and 2 x HP P3005n.

Server just set up from scratch a few days ago and in the system Application log there are regular entries:

Failing application name: PrintIsolationHost.exe ver 6.1.7600.16385

Faulting module: hpzuiwn7.dll version 0.3.7071.0

Now offhand I don't know if it's the HP2015n or the P3005n printers that are generating the errors.

I downloaded and installed the Windows 2008 64bit drivers. I did check on the downloads page for Windown 2008 R2 drivers but there are none. I saw that there is a 'universal' driver for Windows 7 64bit but when I opened up the self-extracting zip I cannot see any reference to LaserJet 2015 printers.

I have not had any reports that actual printing is failing but it would be nice to get rid of the errors in the Event Viewer.

Any suggestions appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Did some investigating and then noticed that one of the P3005n printers was using the drivers that come with Server 2008. The 2nd P3005 & P2015n were using drivers downloaded from HP. I switched the P3005 to use the HP drivers rather than the embedded drivers and now all seems ok.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the hint.

I had a similar issue : on a Windows2008 R2, I had the error “Print driver host for 32bit applications has stopped working” whenever printing was attempted.

I removed the "HP Laserjet P3011/P3015 PCL6" driver and used the universal driver instead. No more errors.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.