Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

I think I may have solved this.  Bare in mind I'm on a mac, and I'm not super savvy at this stuff, but I had this exact same problem (I had no problems with my printer until one day my printer could find other networks, but not mine), and I believe I solved the issue.  For me it had to do with this: 

-- From what I gather networks/wireless routers/extenders come in two (or more) flavors -- 2.4GHz and 5GHz (I don't know why, but they do.)  For some reason, my wireless printer couldn't find the 5GHz network.  When I made adjustments to my network to make it a 2.4GHz, my wireless printer could find my network.  Big yay!  (I had changed recently my extender, and that's when the problem began.)

-- You'll have to do your own thing to get the printer back and functioning on the network, but this should be the fix to get the printer and network to talk to each other at least.

-- You may also need to add the printer again as well, with new IP or name or whatever.  I had to do some fiddling.  

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

I found this thread as I was having the same issue which lead me to a slightly different fix I thought I would share because a few people here and there have reported it in other posts on the 'net.

My issue turned out to be one of a channel issue and not a 2.4 vs 5 ghz issue.

I have a wireless router with three radios, one for 2.4 spectrum and two for 5g spectrum (supporting different signaling protocols)

my 2.4 ghz radio was set to 600mbps mode and AUTO channel assignment. I ran some reports from the wireless diagnostics menu (buried deep in the printer interface) and found that my 2.4 radio was using channel 6.

I had restarted wireless services a few times (I was switching between 54/300/600 mbps modes) and noticed after one of the restarts, the printer just connected and I was baffled, so I ran another report and found the 2.4 radio was on channel 1.

So, I set my router manually to channel 1 and voilà, it worked!

What drove me to this conclusion was this: over the last several weeks, my tray icon would report "Scan to computer is no longer available" then it would be fine and then it would pop up with that error several times per day.

When I connected those dots, I determined that it had to be the automatic changing of channels, one which the printer was having issues with (in my case channel 6).

Caveat, your mileage may vary. Due to your environment/neighborhood etc. you may have a similar issue but with different channels.

Visit this article "HP OfficeJet Printers - Printing Self-Test Pages" on how to access the "Connectivity Status" report for your printer. (covers HP OJ 8600 to 8660 printers)

I hope this saves anyone from banging their head against this wall or dumping their printer, only to find the same issue with another  :robothappy:

HP Recommended

Perfect timing!  I recently bought a new tri-band router.  My HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus could not see my SSID.

Based on this article I determined that my 2.4GHz band was using channel 11.  (Used WiFi Analyzer app on an Android phone and tablet)

Per the recommendation, I manually configured my wireless router to use channel 1 on the 2.4GHz band.

The printer can now see my SSID when scanning for networks.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same issue. My HP Officejet 8610 has been working for years, then I upgraded my router to a Linksys 3200ACM and my printer can't see the network. My printer sees all the other networks in the neighborhood, but not the the network my router is casting out and their 8 feet apart.

My router broadcasts 2Ghz and 5Ghz, I've changed the settings on my 2Ghz network to channel 1, 6 and 11. The channel width I've tried Auto and 20Mhz.

No luck... My printer simply can not see my network.

HP Recommended
I would recommend trying different channels and speed modes in your 5ghz band as well. I suspect that you are in a very crowded wireless space.
HP Recommended

Thanks M1ss1ngL1nk!! That was exactly the solution I needed 🙂  But boy it took some time, reading unhelpful suggestions from the "experts" before finally getting to your comment. Cheers! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.