Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
M401N
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have two brand new printers, both of which have been stored in a  warehouse for 3 years and have the same problem.   The warheouse is not climate controlled with temps  up to about 115*. 

When you first turn them on, you hear clicking.  When you try to print, the paper jams at the toner cartridge.  My guess is the toner cartridges are not turning properly causing both issues due to the heat during storage and age.

Do you agree and is there anything I should do besides acquiring newer cartridges?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Did you make sure that you unpacked the printer correctly, removing items in front of the toner cartridge and removing the dam of the actual toner. See the link below: If you did all that then I would purchase just one toner to see if it works in both printers.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03877856

HP Recommended

Yes, unpacked per instructions and removed the dam on the cartridge.  I will try to get a new cartridge and try that.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.