Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Yeah only try my step if basic troubleshooting fails. Also that new printer makes you eligible for free phone support as well...866-HPINVENT

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for through assistance in helping me set up my new Officejet 6600. 

1.  I followed the instructions (and I am of the male species!) for setting up the printer with a static address.

2.  Since I was "on a roll", I then set up the printer port - again, following instructions! - and continued on making changes under the "Advanced Settings" tab under "Maintain Your Printer".

Once again, Thank You for all of this needed help.  I actually purchased this printer from Office Depot, buying it as the last Officejet 6600 in the store.  Didn't even have a box to put it in.  My only complaint is that this printer does not offer 2-sided printing, which I wanted very much.  Next time I will look closer at the details.

HP Recommended

I used the advance and also the ports so we will see time will tell thank u  so  much

HP Recommended

Backround:

Officejet Pro 6978 "Brand New" purchased November 2016

Printer would work at start up after initial wireless network connection was established. Approximently 5-7 minutes after start-up, the wireless network connection would be lost. This was proven by typing the IP address into the address bar of my web browser and selecting different options until the network connection was lost.

Firmware update solved inconsistent wireless connection.  Thank you for the warning regarding installation of firmware updates requiring consistent connection. Ethernet connection got the job done. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.