Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

New installation of HP Officejet 4500 Wireless on Dell Inspiron running Windows 7 professional.

I can't get past the message on the printer "Turn power off and then on".

I have tried disconnecting all cables waiting and reconnecting on numerous occasions, and in various orders but to no effect.

I find the HP Help pages impenetrable to a fairly novice user.

Can anyone offer a solution please

Many thanks

Ted

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Tedlngle,

Remove the ink cartridges from the printer, and then unplug the printer for 1 to 3 minutes, and then plug the printer back in. Make sure that the power is connected directly to the wall outlet. Follow the instructions on the printer screen to reinstall the ink cartridges, and let me know if you have the same issue?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi Tedlngle,

Remove the ink cartridges from the printer, and then unplug the printer for 1 to 3 minutes, and then plug the printer back in. Make sure that the power is connected directly to the wall outlet. Follow the instructions on the printer screen to reinstall the ink cartridges, and let me know if you have the same issue?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended
All now working fine, Many thanks
HP Recommended

Hi Tedlngle,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I've had to do this several times now, but currently it does not work and I am still getting this message.

I now consider this printer to be unusable and  to be unfit for purpose, and ask you to either send me an alternative printer as a replacement or advise on obtaining a refund. of my full purchase price. Item was purchased by credit card transaction

As I am unable to print anything please treat this as most urgent.

Ted Ingle

HP Recommended

Can anyone help on this please as I am currently unable to print anything at all

HP Recommended

Hi Tedlngle,

Sorry to hear you are having issues again with the printer.

What message are you getting?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Turn Power off and then on.

I am continually having to remove/replace the cartridges and/or disconnect/replace  the power lead.

I trust you will agree that this is not acceptable from HP. as it's not acceptable to me.

Regards

Ted

HP Recommended

Hi Tedlngle,

Are the cartridges new OEM or remanufactured?

When you get this message do you have any codes on the printer display?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Original HP cartridges. No other codes shown on screen.

Have now disconnected printer completely and replaced with another one until you agree to replace it.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.