Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro Color 200
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When I turn the printer on it does not complete the self diagnostics test. All the perimeter icons light up but the display screen itself is blank. I have already unplugged the printer with it powered on. I have also connected the printer directly to a wall outlet using a different power cord. What's up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Alright, I'm going to send you some directions regarding how to perform a factory reset. You should see a private message in your inbox shortly.

If the printer will still not power on after doing the above, the printer needs to be replaced. You can contact HP Support by clicking on this link and filling out the form at the bottom to discuss options based on your warranty.

Please let me know the results after doing the reset. If you are able to print or if you reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey @Disenfranchise,

I see that you are having some issues with your Laserjet printer. I can help you with that, however I am going to need to know the name of the printer as it appears on its front label. Once I know that I will be better able to assist you.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response. I will post this information for you when I get home this evening.

HP Recommended

The printer is the LaserJet Pro 200 color M251nw.

HP Recommended

Alright, I'm going to send you some directions regarding how to perform a factory reset. You should see a private message in your inbox shortly.

If the printer will still not power on after doing the above, the printer needs to be replaced. You can contact HP Support by clicking on this link and filling out the form at the bottom to discuss options based on your warranty.

Please let me know the results after doing the reset. If you are able to print or if you reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Great job, Doc! Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.