05-23-2011 10:32 PM - edited 05-23-2011 10:35 PM
Printer is connected to a Gateway combined router and modem from Telus. But computers do not see it on the network so I can't print wirelessly (i.e. I need to use a USB connection to the computers). Why?
05-24-2011 03:38 PM
I did not ask the original question but have a similar problem.
I have an iMac, Verizon Router and an HP LaserJet 4MV.
Printer is 17 years old and is a real work horse.
I've used it with Macs all these years. My last operating system was OSX 10.4 and all was working fine.
Just upgraded to Snow Leopard OSX 10.6.7. Nothing else has changed. Now the computer does not see my LaserJet which is connected by ethernet because is doesn't have USB connection. It still sees my other 2 printers which do have UBS. I have spoken to Apple, Verizon and HP but can't seem to get anywhere. I have done a software scan and downloaded the 4MV driver but the computer doesn't recognize it.
Apple says is need the IP address and said Verizon could provide me with a set up screen to find it.
Verizon says the router isn't getting any signal from printer and to get it from HP.
HP won't help because printer is way out of warranty.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation