Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
CM1415FNW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have seen other threads on this topic, and none of the solutions fix my problem.

• Printer rejects wireless credentials and says security has changed - will not connect to wireless
  • Re-enter password - doesn't work
  • Try all the options listed here in the forums: changed authentication to wpa2-psk with encryption tkip+aes - doesn't work. Tried pushbutton and PIN connections - will not work. 

The wireless network test report says the following:

• Wireless on - pass
  • wireless working - pass
  • network name (SSID) Found - pass
  • security - fail

"Your wireless router requires a WPA security passphrase. The passphrase configured on your HP printer does not match exactly. Run the wireless network setup to re-enter your wireless network WPA security passphrase"

Done that - doesn't work. 

It goes on to say: "The WPA authentication method on your HP printer has been changed from the default setting. This may cause problems when connecting to your wireless network. If your wireless router is not using the same WPA authentication method."

It is, and still doesn't work. 

I need a real person to help me with my bricked printer. It's ridiculous that the security level is so high that I can't use my printer. 

PS - the tip in the forums about backspacing an extra space before the password doesn't work either. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

In the router romove all security temporarily.   Now try to connect to your unsecured SSID with no password.  Are you successful? 

If yes go back and reset the printer back to Network Defaults and set router to WPA2-AES and try to connect again.  Status now?

If no joy, set router to WPA only and test again.  Status now?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

In the router romove all security temporarily.   Now try to connect to your unsecured SSID with no password.  Are you successful? 

If yes go back and reset the printer back to Network Defaults and set router to WPA2-AES and try to connect again.  Status now?

If no joy, set router to WPA only and test again.  Status now?

HP Recommended

I will try this, but my router doesn't have WPA only as an option - just a variety of -psk options.

HP Recommended

OH MY WORD - 

Sabretooth04 you are officially my favorite person.

That worked. 

Thank you SO much. I'm sure my hair will grow back! 🙂 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.