Message 1 of 2 (3,547 Views)

Printer port #???

I have a wireless laptop and I am not able to print from it. After 4-5 hours online with microsoft , we found that when mcafee was disabled i was able to print from my wireless laptop. So, they advised me to contact mcafee to "reconfigure"  to allow printing from the laptop. I spent 2 more hours online with mcafee, followed all their instructions but it still did not resolve the issue. Finally, the last rep from mcafee said I needed to contact HP for the "port #" for the printers (I have a Laserjet 1012 and a Deskjet 5740.) Can someone please tell me where to find these port numbers ????? I tried to get through to HP and the computer response says there is no support for my product any longer. I just need to figure out these port #'s in order to adjust the firewall settings in Mcafee.

This has been extremely frustrating-- can someone please help me out??

Regents Professor
Message 2 of 2 (3,542 Views)

Re: Printer port #???

McAfee? Oh you're in luck! HP has made a document to configure McAfee to allow all ports and programs for printers. Refer THIS document.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation