04-15-2009 04:54 PM
I have a wireless laptop and I am not able to print from it. After 4-5 hours online with microsoft , we found that when mcafee was disabled i was able to print from my wireless laptop. So, they advised me to contact mcafee to "reconfigure" to allow printing from the laptop. I spent 2 more hours online with mcafee, followed all their instructions but it still did not resolve the issue. Finally, the last rep from mcafee said I needed to contact HP for the "port #" for the printers (I have a Laserjet 1012 and a Deskjet 5740.) Can someone please tell me where to find these port numbers ????? I tried to get through to HP and the computer response says there is no support for my product any longer. I just need to figure out these port #'s in order to adjust the firewall settings in Mcafee.
This has been extremely frustrating-- can someone please help me out??
04-15-2009 05:14 PM
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation