Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP 1525 color laser jet
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer will only print 1 page when I've requested multiples.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @pgjudy200 – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for reaching out! I would like to be of your assistance!

I understand that you are having issues while printing multiple pages on your printer. Let’s try the following steps to fix the issue:

• First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP LaserJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Now, press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Now restart your computer again.
  • Open the Run window again, type “services.msc” and press ok to get services window.
  • Scroll down to “Remote Procedure Call (RPC)” – right-click and go to properties. Make sure the service is started and startup type is “Automatic”.
  • Now scroll up and go to “Function Discovery Provider Host” – right-click and select properties – Change the startup type to “manual” and start the service.
  • Repeat the same exercise on “Function Discovery Resource Publication” as well.
  • Click on http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL61577/lj-148691-1/CP1520series_nw_full_solution.exe and install the software.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Good luck & Wish you a very happy new year 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @pgjudy200 – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for reaching out! I would like to be of your assistance!

I understand that you are having issues while printing multiple pages on your printer. Let’s try the following steps to fix the issue:

• First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP LaserJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Now, press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Now restart your computer again.
  • Open the Run window again, type “services.msc” and press ok to get services window.
  • Scroll down to “Remote Procedure Call (RPC)” – right-click and go to properties. Make sure the service is started and startup type is “Automatic”.
  • Now scroll up and go to “Function Discovery Provider Host” – right-click and select properties – Change the startup type to “manual” and start the service.
  • Repeat the same exercise on “Function Discovery Resource Publication” as well.
  • Click on http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL61577/lj-148691-1/CP1520series_nw_full_solution.exe and install the software.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Good luck & Wish you a very happy new year 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you very much.  It worked.  I was dreading the time I'll have to print 100 pages (one at a time).

HP Recommended

@pgjudy200, you are welcome.

I am happy to know that the issue has resolved.

Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.