Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 4500

I've read a previously listed post having the same issues, I cleaned the rollers, tried to download the filmware, and one other thing. At this point I believe I need to try and reinstall and hope that works. Please advise what shall I do. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@KellyLugo

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Envy 4500 printer. I understand that you are unable to print photos and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• How is the printer connected to the computer, wired or wireless?
  • Which operating system is installed on the computer?

Meanwhile:

Reset the printer:

• Remove the power cable from the printer when it is turned on.
  • Press and hold the power button for 60secs to drain the static charge in it.
  • Connect the power cable to the printer and directly to wall outlet.
  • Turn on the printer and try printing photos.

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My printer is wired to the computer since I thought that could be the issue, but it still doesn't work even after the suggestions you made. It continues to print the end of the photo like the paper is catching to late. I am not sure of my operating system. 

HP Recommended

@KellyLugo

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

I understand the situation well.

In the print preview window select the fit option under page sizing and handling.

The fit option is highlighted in yellow in the bellow picture.

Let me know how it goes.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.