Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro M402n
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

This only happens when printing a pdf file from the web browser (Google Chrome, have not tried other browser): if I download the pdf, opened it in the Adobe Reader and print, then it'll print normal. But if I print a pdf file directly from the browser, then it prints in a weird combination of inverted text (all sentences upside down, reads right to left) and the spacing gets all messed up. We used a different computer to see if it would resolve, sadly it still prints weird.

We had our IT guy looked at it, removed and reinstalled the software and drives but it still prints the same. No one seems to know what's going on with that! Can somebody help??

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@WH-1017

Chrome is fussy about stuff -- nice browser, just picky.  Smiling.  I am still getting used to it.

1.  It might not be the browser -- it might be the web pages that are weird. 

Try Print > More Settings > check / adjust settings

OR

Print using system dialog...

2.  Consider / Try a different PDF reader in Chrome extensions.

For example: Add the Adobe Acrobat Extension

Be Aware >Extension requirements:

Convert web pages to PDF files
NOTE:
• THIS IS A WINDOWS ONLY EXTENSION
• Adobe Acrobat DC/Adobe Acrobat XI (11.0.09 or higher) must be installed on your machine

Downaload and install: Adobe Reader DC

(Watch out for the little "extras" -- UNCHECK the boxes for the stuff you don't want installed...)

In Chrome Extensions > enable the Adobe extension and disable any other PDF viewer / reader extensions you find lurking about.

AND / OR

3.  Check your Chrome Settings > Web content > Customize Fonts >> ensure you do not have your fonts set to some strange size of font type.

Example of NOT strange "Customize Fonts" settings:

Standard font = Times New Roman

Serif font = Times New Roman

Sans-serif fond = Arial

Fixed-width font = Consolas

4.  Observation

I have seen weirdness when viewing and then trying to print PDF files stored in Online storage services (like OneDrive).  Admittedly, the issue might have been a bug or something in my settings.  ???

When this happened:  The structure of the document as presented on the screen does not at all match what the printer will see when the job is submitted to the printer:  left / right side cut off, margins askew, only first page prints...  Eww.   The only consistant fix I have found is to Open the document in Word-Online .  Usually a button on the document / service page provides a way to do that.

Click the Thumbs Up to say Thanks!

Click Post that answers your question "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.