Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fn
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have problem with this printer and print on this printer via VPN network

I have remote server on one location and client work station and this printer on other location

Between this two location I have VPN tunnel

I forward port 9100, 8289 for this printer but I can not print

I have HP LaserJet MFP M125nw on other location and all work perfect with print, but I buy two M127fn and can't print

When attach printer on LAN print OK, but through VPN no

Can you help me to resolve this problem?

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi! @ehho, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that you have issues printing through VPN network.

Please try few steps recommended below.

I think it could be an issue with DNS, meaning if your printer is setup with a hostname and not an IP address your computer at home being on a different network will have trouble resolving the host name.
The thing we would need to know if it is setup with an IP address or host name.
You can go to the control panel
go to printers
go to printer properties
go to the ports tab
Make sure you have the right port number selected.

There are a few places where it could be being blocked,
1. The VPN Firewall at your office
If you have another laptop to try on this would eliminate this as a problem, if it works on another laptop then you know it's something with your computer or your home equipment
2. The Networking equipment at your house (not very likely)
You can try and print on the VPN at somewhere like Starbucks, this would eliminate any home equipment
3. A Firewall on your computer
You can disable the firewall on your computer and see if it prints

Please let me know the outcome.

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi MrRobot,

with network or firewall I don't have problem, because I put M125nw on this location and print work normally via VPN

When I back M127fn I get error message

I forward port 9100, and that port standing in port option for this printer in control panel

I have about 10 location, and all location print via VPN from this remote server, and only on this location and when I put M127fn I have problem, with M125nw this problem resolved, but I buy two 127fn and both printer not print via VPN

For inastall I use basic driver without installation, I import driver manually from wizard when I add printer from control panel

Thanks

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, 

If you have setup the printer correctly, recommend you to open the command prompt and ping the ip address of the printer. 

This would let us know if the printer is accessible on the network. 

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I ping printer without problems

I change m127fn with 125nw and printing is OK..I have two m127fn and both can't print through VPN, I connect 125nw, setup same LAN IP address which use on 127fn install driver for 125nw on server and all work fine

I don't understand this, can some hardware error with printer, or firmware oe communicate on different port? (wireshark say that 9100 and 8289 and I forward this port, but nothing, I receive error when print)

HP Recommended

@ehho, thanks for the response.

Thanks for trying out the steps.

Can you try installing full feature driver software on your printer and check if that helps.

Link to install Printer driver for HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fn.

Let me know if this works!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.