06-21-2010 06:21 PM
I have an HP LaserJet P1006 directly connected (wired w/ USB cable) to a computer that runs Win XP. It will at times just stop printing. For example, most recently, it ran out of paper while printing something. I put more paper in but and pressed the start button and it would do nothing. I tried to turn it off for the recommended 30 seconds, when I turned it back in, it still did not print. As recommended, I restarted the computer, and tried to print again, but no luck. I know that I can uninstall and reinstall the printer and that should fix it, but it is frustrating to have to do this frequently.
Are there any fixes to resolve this problem from repeatedly happening?
Any help would be appreciated.
10-21-2010 05:05 PM
I have consistently had the same problem. You are not alone. I have not figured the solution. In fact I came across your message in my search for a solution.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation