Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Having the same issue with being stuck on initializing and carousel not turning.  Can you tell me how to reset my printer?

HP Recommended
Hello sir!
I have the same problem!
Could you please make a video of this problem?
Tnx🙏
HP Recommended

Welcome @Nedaulhaq,

Thanks for participating in the forums! I see you are experiencing issues with the printer being stuck initializing. I would be happy to help you. 

I would suggest updating the printer's firmware if you haven't already: HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177fw.

I can send you the reset in a private message to try.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

Feel free to click on the "Accept as Solution" and the "Thumbs Up" if this helped. Please let me know the results. Best Regards,

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
I'm having the same problem , stucked at initializing . Nothing works no matter how many times I tried to unplug,replugged, turn on, turn off, moving the cartridges manually. But just, nothing works. How to resolve this?
HP Recommended

Greetings @feriachong,

Thanks for accessing the HP Support Forums for extra support! I see that the printer is stuck initializing. I will do my best to assist you with this issue.

Update the printer's firmware: HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177fw Firmware Update.

I will send you another step to try in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. If you wish, to say thanks for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. Please let me know the outcome. Have a nice day!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Hi, HP help didn't helped me.
But I succeed to fix this problem. Maybe it was only for me.
1- Unistall any kind of software or drivers from HP.
2- Reboot, with printer unconnected
3- Wait a while after reboot to make sure everything is stable
4- Then connect the printer and you'll see a notification saying that you've connected
5- Then go into file manager and click on the HP cd.
6- It will start the installation with an old version of software.
7- Then reboot, and after...
8- As fast as you can find get the new firmware, suggested by HP representative on this forum.
9- Follow the instructions and after a while... Voilà!
10- I hope this works for you and all. That worked for me...
Have fun.
HP Recommended
When I said in number 4 connected I ment a cd that was connevted
And in number 5 it's the cd that was just connected
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem! If anyone has the steps sent to private mesages, please share with me!!!

HP Recommended
My brand new printer MFP M177fw has stuck on initialising... Have tried all power drain option etc; but no change very frustrated... Please help
HP Recommended

I have not bothered to read the complete thread and I am sure someone else has posted this but if all else fails there is a NVRAM reset below which can be tried. If the NVRAM reset does not work, then the only way to fix this issue is to replace the formatter. Nothing else will work period! This of course assumes the printer is connected just to power with no wifi access and nothing connected to network or computer.

NVRAM initialization
Performing an NVRAM initialization resets the following settings and information:
● All menu settings are reset to factory default values.
● All localization settings, including language and country/region, are reset.
CAUTION: All onboard network settings are also reset. Be sure to print a configuration page before
restoring defaults. Make note of the IP address that is listed on the Jetdirect configuration page. You might
need to restore the IP address after an NVRAM initialization.
After performing an NVRAM initialization, reconfigure any computers that print to this product. Uninstall and
then reinstall the product software on the computers.
1. Turn the product off.
2. Press the right arrow button. Hold this button as you turn the product on.
3. When Permanent storage init. appears on the display, release the right arrow button.
When the product has finished the NVRAM initialization, it returns to the Ready state.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.