Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hello. I need assistance to solve the initializing issue. My printer model is M177fw.

I have unplug the power chord and restart it again after 60 second. But still the printer in initializing mode.

Need your kind assistantce to solve this issue.
HP Recommended

Hi I ma having this same problem.

I have manually removed the cartridges but still have the issue.

All I see is in the attached picture.

My Printer

Please help me out,I have a lot to print tonight.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello having the same issue, I belive is was after a power cut. The printer actully  prints and scans but the interface is frozen on startup screen. Could you PM instructions to reset please?

Thanks.

HP Recommended
I also got a 177fw model stuck in the initializing phase. I have tried to reset to factory defaults as mentioned. The printer doesnt rotate the toners so removal is impasible.... Please PM me a solution.
The printer worked fine until i restarted the device because i needed the socket😔
HP Recommended

Hi bprijs, 

Welcome to the HP Forums! 

If you have already tried restoring your printer to factory defaults. The only other option at this time is to contact HP phone support for your hardware options. (After you fill out the information, you will be given a phone number.) If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Best regards! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended
Please also let me know the steps to take. Printer stuck in initialization. Unplugging as described by u above not working. Printer also says it's rotating the black/colour cartridges or the front and it doesn't. Just keeps repeating the same message or says initializing. Very frustrating.
HP Recommended

Hi Jvesely, 

I sent you the instructions in a private message. If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions. If this does not resolve the issue, contact HP phone support for your hardware options. (After you fill out the information, you will be given a phone number.) If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this information helps! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

I also have exactly the same issue as every one with stuck on initilazation. This is obviosly a common problem with this model printer and there is dozens of them for sale with the same issue on Ebay for sale from people trying to recover some of their money from a poorly designed printer. Why not publish what it takes to fix these or have a program for replacing them. The fix shouldn't be top secret. I've dismanteled mine acording to the 150+page manual and re-assembled it to no avail. We need proper schematics or a flow chart, gear timing,  etc. if HP won't help. Thanks George.

HP Recommended

Hi Fooddoodle, 

I sent you the instructions in a private message. If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions. If this does not resolve the issue, contact HP phone support for your hardware options. (After you fill out the information, you will be given a phone number.) If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

Hope this information helps! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
I also have exactly the same issue as every one with stuck on initilazation. This seems to be a common problem with this printer. I have been using mine since two years and everything was perfect until I got this issue. I've tried everything mentioned at the forum but didn't work.

Please can you send me the reset instructions as I'm hopeless now.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.