Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi @basukarno,

I can send you that information in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

If the issue continues, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836 for further assistance. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Feel free to click the Thumbs up button below if this helps. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I also just bought home a new mfp 177fw.

After I removed all the packaging and turned it on for the first time there was a lot of noise as it was probably rotating the carousel. It got stock on initializing for about 10 minutes.

When opening the lid I saw the yellow toner being in the top position as described before. But couldnt see anything special. Closed the lid again, turned the printer of turned it on and again had the initializing ritual.

Since it got stuck on the same thing again after several minutes I started checking these forms. I have been able to remove all the cartridges by pressing the white plastic on the left and manually moving the carousel. I have been able to remove all the cartridges except the yellow one. This one seemed to be really stuck as one of the people described. I have been able to put in all the cartridges again, but the issue remains.
Now the national helpdesk does not open till monday, but I need it to work this weekend. So I would appreciate any help from here. Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Additional information, yes all the packaging is removed, the firmware version is 20141113(which since I cant find any firmware on the support site anymore is the last version according to information on here based on 8day old posts).

The powercable is directly connected to the wall outlet, there are no other cables but the power cables connected(was planning to use the wife connection). I set the clock manually to the right time.

The box seemed to be completely new and no parts showed any signs of damaging. Gonna try resetting the printer now with the right arrow and back arrow as suggested in the one guy at least trying to make HP support a little more transparant(for which I am sincerly grateful)

HP Recommended

One thing I couldn't narrow down on mine was the HP Web Services piece. Since I have no inside knowlegde at HP I suspected there was some type of time/date and certificate error when booting up from the clock not being set. That's all speculation but it seems like there's a boot up error before the printer logging kicks in to report it.

I tried setting the clock, powering off/on, and a few other timing tricks.

When it started working I had added the web services (through touch or web interface I can't remember), then rebooted the printer and removed the services as soon as touching the screen on bootup would escape the initialization. I don't know if this fixed the problem, but with all the toner missing it made more noise, but the gear-popping sounds were gone this time. It took a while but then it got booted far enough to say "install toner" and I did one at a time.

I really wish I had recorded each pattern so I could remember exactly what solved it. It's interesting that you have the firmware that's supposed to fix the issue and it's still happening. I wish HP would get a bit more involved with this clear out-of-box defect that I am only guessing 10-20% of the people affected are even seeing this thread. The return/exchange/refurbished count on this model has got to be a nightmare.

HP, you have a lot of loyal customers out there. Get someone at HP to pull 5 of these models in a lab and solve this. If you shipped me 2 of these models right now I'm confident in 2 hours I'd have the exact steps that work posted to this thread.

HP Recommended

Since I got no reaction over here, I am just gonna return it to the store here. I guess HP does not really care for customer service anymore. I will go and look for a company that does, since I am not buying a printer for it not to work straight away and then to be left alone trying to get it to work.

Just wanted to say that I am very disappointed, since I have always and recommended HP to family, friends and customers to be a reliable product with good customer care. With no national phone support in the weekend and no international forum support either, I just can no longer support that position.

HP Recommended

Hello. I have already checked for package material, and there is none. Can you please send me the instructions on how to fix this?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello,

I see that the printer is stuck initializing. I would really like to help you out with this issue.

@MarcelWenting, I read your post and see that you have already returned the printer. I would have like to be able to send you the proper reset to try first before returning the unit.

@holeinthewall,

Please run the firmware update first on the printer. Software and Drivers. I have seen this resolve the issue in other posts. The newest firmware is 20150228.

If there is anything else I can help you with, just let me know.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi @ReeceW,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this Post has instructions.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi, I am having this same issue, can you please PM me with the solution?

HP Recommended

Hi @ChrisCSC,

If the issue continues, please call our technical support at 800-474-6836 for further assistance. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.