Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Color LaserjetPro MFP M277dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I print a page of text or a image either color or B/W about 1.5 inches on the right side of the page the black part is faded out.  I tried shaking the Black toner but nothing changed... 

There is obviously enough ink as the rest of the page prints fine.

Please advise on how to deal with this.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Can you post a sample. It still could be the toner cartridge since there is a charging roller inside and if part of the roller is defective then that area will print light or not print at all. It could also be the laser/scanner lens dusted over in that area. Most times it is the toner cartridge.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Can you post a sample. It still could be the toner cartridge since there is a charging roller inside and if part of the roller is defective then that area will print light or not print at all. It could also be the laser/scanner lens dusted over in that area. Most times it is the toner cartridge.

HP Recommended

Many thnaks for your reply. Following this, I ordered a new toner which just arrived. The printer works perfectly again with the new toner, so issue solved. Thank you again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.