05-19-2012 09:36 AM
I'm having problems installing the driver for a LaserJet 1022n on a Toshiba Satillite laptop (i3 processor) running Windows 7 (64 bit). I have downloaded the driver OK, but when I try to install it, I get a message to attach the printer to the computer via USB. Problem is that the computer is already attached via USB, but the driver installation software doesn't recognize it. It even sees a LJ1022n over my wifi network. So, the installation stops there.
I know the cable I am using is OK, since I was able to print from a Mac Laptop, using the same USB cable. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance.
05-21-2012 10:11 AM
What is the model number for your laptop?
How long is the USB cable?
Follow the steps below
1. Uninstall the printer
2. Restart the computer
3. Download the drvier below
4. Run the downloaded file, but do not plug in the USB cable until the installer ask you to plug it in.
5. Complete the installation
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation