02-25-2010 06:29 AM
I sucessfully installed my HP C309G printer on my home network. I installed & registered the device on both my desktop, (wired), and laptop, (wireless). The printer functions perfectly from either machine.
However, I do have one little annoyance. On the laptop, both after a restart, and at random times, a window pops up asking me to register the printer. I ALREADY REGISTERED IT ON BOTH MACHINES. I then click in the cancel checkbox, and then in the "Don't remind me again" checkbox.
This issue only happens on the laptop. How do I stop this annoying window from popping up?
Has anyone else had this problem?
06-28-2010 04:02 PM
I have the same problem with my HP Pavilion notebook and my HP C309a printer. I have registered the product numerous times and the registration window pops up constantly. I don't understand why "Don't remind me again" doesn't work. I am still searching on HP's website to see if I can find a solution to this problem.
06-28-2010 04:13 PM
SOLUTION FOUND! I hope. Go to the following website and the instructions are there for deleting the item in task scheduler.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation