04-18-2012 01:30 PM
I have a couple of questions associated with my C5580 all in one. I am using Windows 7 Home (64 bit). Thank you in advance for your assistance.
1. My c5580 never turns on properly. Generally i receive an error code (b8000198). Howevever, often it will also either freeze in the 'turn on mode' as in I see the HP logo on the read-out but it never gets to the main menu (that lists the options such as copy, photo, scan, and reprints). I generally finally get it to "boot" propererly after unplugging the cord from the back of the device, unplugging the brick and unplugging the power supply to the wall. If I do this 2-3 times it generally boots to the main menu and eventually works fine. However, sometimes it will being flashing multiple lights (the orange one to the right of the "OK" button, print photos and red eye removal lights and the power on/off lights). Again, if I unplug and reconnect several times I generally get it to work.
2. I also have a C4385 all in one and I am unable to load drivers for both products. To enable all functionality of one, of must remove all drivers and reload the drivers specific to the that one. When attempting to load drivers for one of the printers when the other drivers are NOT removed first, I end up in an endless loop as the driver install routine indicates a fatal error, clicking OK then automatically reboots the PC and upon reboot I end up back in the install program with the fatal error message...and clicking OK repeats the cycle.
04-20-2012 06:54 AM - last edited on 04-19-2016 09:35 AM by OscarFuentes
1. C5580 - Follow the steps in the following document below.
2. C5580 & C4385 - Follow the steps in the following document below.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
08-01-2013 02:21 PM
I see that you're getting an alphanumeric error message. An alphanumeric error message usually means your printer has an hardware issue. I would try the steps listed in the document below.
Let me know how it goes.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation