01-09-2010 03:10 PM
OMG where to start...
Ok the base problem here is that I uninstalled the printer and re-installed with the complete drivers etc off of Hp.com
NOW, whenever the printer is in use the installation windows come flashing up..
IE. 5500Help, 5500TRB, 5500Tour et al.
Called HP support and surprise surprise after 35 mins I get told "Oh your printer is too old for us to help without a minimum of $40 fee. But we do have deals on new printers" Umm no/. URGH
Can anyone tell me where the problem lies.
I dl'ed MS Windows Installer clean up. This lets me remove the install windows for a moment. But then they come back when I use the print function again..
I had saved the complete drivers etc .exe on the desktop, I have sinced moved it to program files because I thought that may have been an issue. It changed nothing though.
Please help!!! I am dying with all these install windows.
Thanks in advance!!
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Does Not Print
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation