Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet CM1312nfi MFP
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I am unable to print any documents. The printer says that it is ready and the small screen on the printer quickly displays the circle and states "printing" but it isn't printing anything. Any suggestions?

I just tried reinstalling the printer and now it is printing but I am getting an error message even when trying to print a Test Page. The message written states:

PCL XL error

Subsystem: Text

Error: InternalError 0x50

Operator: BeginChar

Position: 32

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello LittleField,

I would recommend that you download a fresh copy of the full solution software from HP.com.

when you get it downloaded, extract the files into the C:/Drive.

Once you do that, Search withing the files for an executable called Scrubber.

Run the Scrubber. Look through your computer C drive, program files, program data, common folder and all those for any HP folder left behind, remove them all (carefully if your computer is HP or if you have a second HP printer or device),

After the computer clean up, restart (also restart if software prompts), then reinstall.

I hope this helps you.

I am an HP employee

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello LittleField,

I would recommend that you download a fresh copy of the full solution software from HP.com.

when you get it downloaded, extract the files into the C:/Drive.

Once you do that, Search withing the files for an executable called Scrubber.

Run the Scrubber. Look through your computer C drive, program files, program data, common folder and all those for any HP folder left behind, remove them all (carefully if your computer is HP or if you have a second HP printer or device),

After the computer clean up, restart (also restart if software prompts), then reinstall.

I hope this helps you.

I am an HP employee

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you. Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.