Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 5740
Microsoft Windows Vista

I just purchased a Officejet 5740 today and have it up and running ok.  My problem is the time displayed is incorrect.  I know for certain I entered it correctly during the setup process, as requested.  I have looked everwhere and cannot find a solution as to how to reset the time.  The date is correct.  Will appreciate any help you can offer.  This really should not be this difficult to do...

Thank you,

Jacko

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for choosing HP. I understand that you would like to reset time.

Follow these steps to set the date and time from the printer control panel.
  1. On the product control panel, press the Setup button ( ). The Setup menu displays.
  2. Press the button () next to the Down Arrow () to select the 5th option from the top (Preferences), and then press the button next to OK.
  3. Select the Date and Time from the menu, and then press OK.
  4. Press the numbers on the control panel keypad to set the date. After the date is entered, the Enter Time screen displays.
  5. Press the numbers on the control panel keypad to set the correct time, and then press the button next to OK. The Preferences menu displays again on the product control panel.
  6. Press the Home icon (), to return to the main screen.

***Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.***

I am an HP Employee.
Click on Kudos if you like this post.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for choosing HP. I understand that you would like to reset time.

Follow these steps to set the date and time from the printer control panel.
  1. On the product control panel, press the Setup button ( ). The Setup menu displays.
  2. Press the button () next to the Down Arrow () to select the 5th option from the top (Preferences), and then press the button next to OK.
  3. Select the Date and Time from the menu, and then press OK.
  4. Press the numbers on the control panel keypad to set the date. After the date is entered, the Enter Time screen displays.
  5. Press the numbers on the control panel keypad to set the correct time, and then press the button next to OK. The Preferences menu displays again on the product control panel.
  6. Press the Home icon (), to return to the main screen.

***Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.***

I am an HP Employee.
Click on Kudos if you like this post.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response!  Unfortunately, there is no setup button or icon on the 5740.  However, I did find if you swipe across the top of the Control Panel horizontally, a Setup button appears.  By clicking on this button, you can get to Preferences, then you can reset the date and time.  I hope this helps somebody else, as I spent way too much time on this simple task...

HP Recommended

Thank you, my friend, for the solution to finding the SETUP button on the HP 5740 AiO.  Please remember, however, the difference between HORIZONTAL and VERTICAL scrolling.  You need to swipe VERTICALLY (from top to bottom) on the control panel to access the SETUP button.  Then you can set time, date, etc.  See?  It's easy.

--Sam

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.