12-28-2009 03:22 PM
Can anyone with a HP Photosmart Premium Fax All-in-One Printer - C309a verify for me that if they set their fax sound volume to soft, that the ringer is also at a "soft" level (set under Basic Fax Settings)?
I just got one of these units and on the loud and soft settings, the ringer is very loud. I want to know if there really is a soft setting before I pack it up and bring it back to the store.
04-09-2010 09:30 AM
To turn the ringer off - press Setup button and scroll down to Basic Fax Setup and press Select. Then scroll down to Fax Sound Volume and then scroll down to Off and press Select.
06-18-2010 01:54 PM
The "setup" button is on the front panel, below and to the left of the "OK" button. The setup button has a wrench symbol on it. See page 38 of the user manual here.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
10-22-2010 10:25 AM
Same thing happen to me! If you go to basic fax and put it on OFF it wont ring but it will stll make the sounds when a fax comes through it just wont ring.
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation