03-21-2014 09:44 AM
My HP OfficeJet 6500A is unable to scan. The error message is san driver unable to communicate. I have windows 8. I have tried switching everything off and this will help occasionally on flat screen.
When I try to use docufeed it will pull the first page through and then stop and send the commuication error.
03-24-2014 10:00 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I understand you are getting a communication error when trying to scan with your HP Officejet 6500A.
I would like you to run the HP Print and Scan Doctor- It was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.
If you are still running into the error, please continue here: A 'No Computer Detected' or 'Connection Error' Message Displays during Scanning.
Let me know the outcome, I will watch for your reply.
I work on behalf of HP
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation