12-24-2012 11:52 AM
This has been working fine for 2 yeras with no problems. Now I get an error that says I need to insert a CD. I do not know what CD I am supposed to use so I click cancel. Then it tells me I need to have a solutioncenter.msi file. I found a link on this forum for that file. When I downloaded the msi file, it told me that I did not need it. But I still get the error message asking for it. What else can I try?
12-28-2012 02:44 PM
Is this the "file" you are referring to when you say "I found a link on this forum for that file. When I downloaded the msi file, it told me that I did not need it"?
If not, I recommend trying that file. If that IS the file that did not work, then I recommend uninstalling & reinstalling your current software as these types of errors happen because installation of a software application has not completed or a software application is attempting to repair itself because a file is missing or a registry entry was removed.
You can download the latest software & drivers for your printer from one of the links below:
Vista or 7:
- HP Printers - Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- HP Printers - After Windows 10 Upgrade, Printer Problems Occur
- HP Printers - Using Google Cloud Print with Your HP Printer
- HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows)
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation