Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am longer able to print to my LaserJet CM1415.  I presume that is because of the error message saying "Spool Area Full".  I tried deleting the printer, and adding it back again, but this did not have any effect (I still get the "Spool Area Full" message).  Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

38 REPLIES 38
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem. NO help from an hour with ho so called support - pathetic hp for business bull

hey HP answer this question  - or better - get ea real programmer to write your drivers

'

HP Recommended

I received the same message on my Mac 10.6.6 with Photosmart C410a.  HP tech support led me through a time consuming process to verify and repair disk permissions, but it didn't resolve the issue.  I'll try talking to Apple now, but not the easy set-up process I was expecting!!!

HP Recommended

Have y'all reset the printing system?:

- Sys Prefs, Print & Fax
- Right (control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add it. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem Reset the printing system but no luck. I suspect it's a permissions thing.

HP Recommended

OK, let's run with that.  Let's repair permissions:

Finder > Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility

Select the item just above "Macintosh HD"

Click "Repair Disk Permissions" on the bottom.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problem here.

Actually, one of my document printed after 40 minutes.. The other didn't after that.

If someones finds the solution, let me know!

HP Recommended

So I just ran the disk permission and repaired stuff, no luck, I am still getting the spool is full error. 

Macintosh OS 10.6.4. on an i7 iMac.

Is there a work around for this?

HP Recommended

First do a printer test and see if the paper path is working, its under diagnostics.

If that works, then go down to configure, select the factory rest option, this will reset the printer and its internal memory (turning the printer off/on won't work)... this will not mess up your pre-existing network configurations

I just did this.. and it worked.. it might work for you too!

HP Recommended

Did you ever find a solution with the HP LaserJet 1415?  I was uanble to find a "diagnostics" setting on my printer or Mac to do the reset or "factory rest" as suggested.

I have searched for HP software updates - someone on another forum said this helped them - but none have appeared.  Do you hav any further suggestions?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.